Saturday, February 27, 2010

Kicker



It was a milestone for our little Shawner this week. He was sent to the principal's office. He didn't listen to the teacher on duty when she told him not to kick his shoes into the air and keep them on his feet. Lo and behold one ended up on top of the bus barn. He didn't cry when I was called in but he really wanted to! Mr. Griffin asked Shawn to tell me what happened.

He started out in his shaky little voice, "Well I didn't want it to happen but some how when I was kicking my shoe it landed on top of the bus building." I asked him how many times did he have to kick his shoe to get it up there, and how many times did the teacher ask him to stop. His reply, "I don't know, I forgot to count."

Later that day Mr. Griffin came in my room laughing, holding the missing shoe. It was in the very middle of the building.

We're looking forward to watching Shawn's high school career as our kicker for football.

3 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

All I can say is next time shawn you better count to see how many times you disobeyed! Too funny!

Laura said...

It always starts out..."I don't know how, or I didn't want too, or mean too." Really, you didn't want to kick your brother in the back, it just happened. So funny.

Retired and Happy said...

Go Shawn!!!!!